January 5, 2006

ham and cheese roll-ups

These tortilla wraps were fun to make. I was looking for a quick and easy sandwich recipe to serve for a light afternoon snack. Found this in the very informative Land o'Lakes website which I occasionally visit for new recipes, tips and menu ideas. These ham and cheese tortilla rolls-ups were sliced into bite-size appetizer portions and, I must say, gave these everyday snacks a more appealing look. I like using either baby swiss or provolone cheese. Warming the flour tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds make them softer and more pliable for rolling up. Kalamata and green olives in toothpicks are handy for securing them. Served with spicy brown mustard or honey-mustard dressing, this is a good healthy snack idea worth the time to make.


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate hearing from you and thanks for sharing your blog.

    ReplyDelete