March 11, 2008

shrimp & soba noodles

I was hungry. I run out of something instant to eat. This shrimp and soba noodle dish was the result of my lunchtime predicament. Easy to peel shrimps are very convenient to use. Just a quick soak or rinse under warm water and they're ready to be thrown in any dish. The soba noodles didn't take long to cook in boiling water either. Scoop out the soba and rinse in cold water after cooking to stop the cooking and get rid of extra salt. Add the shrimps to the boiling water to cook for a few minutes. Take out and drain with the noodles. I combined just a teaspoon each of soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce for the sauce. In a skillet, toss the shrimps and noodles with the sauce then garnish with chopped cilantro or green onions. It took almost as much time to make as the instant counterpart but I got much bigger chunks of shrimp with this. A very good, quick and easy meal to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment