April 30, 2010

basic soft dinner rolls

It was almost dinnertime when I had a craving for some soft dinner rolls. I imagined these type of rolls that bake into light and airy pillows of goodness which come out of the oven steaming hot and ready for some good butter to melt into it and complete it :-) So when I discovered Food Wishes at About.com website sometime ago, I went back to look for a basic dinner roll recipe. I was so glad I tried this recipe as it was exactly what I was hoping for. I simply watched the very informative video (which was a big help) then followed the recipe and instructions to achieve the rolls pictured above. It was also interesting that I didn't use the bread machine or the mixer to mix and knead the dough. The dough was so easy to mix and knead by hand. Just sprinkle flour a little at a time and only when necessary to maintain a soft dough. The only extra thing I did as soon as they came out of the oven was to immediately brush them with softened butter.

Check out this easy and basic homemade dinner rolls video & recipe by Chef John Mitzewich at About.com website. Thanks to Chef John who makes the recipes seem so easy to make in his videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment