August 20, 2011

mini turkey meatloaf


Reviewing pages that I clipped from old food magazines, I came across this recipe for mini turkey loaves from Food & Wine. Now that I'm trying to eat healthier once again, this lighter meatloaf version caught my interest. It also helped that I had a package of lean ground turkey in the fridge that was just waiting to be cooked. It had lots of minced vegetables mixed into it which prevented the ground turkey from drying out througout the baking process. The pepper sauce had an appealing color and was very flavorful. I was tempted to soak the meatloaf slices on my plate in the pepper sauce! The ingredients were basic and the procedure was easy to follow. The suggested side was wild rice but I served it with lentils instead.

A pound of lean ground turkey made two mini loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment