December 20, 2012

white and dark chocolate chip cookies



While I have serious dark chocolate cravings every now and then, my husband never cared for its taste so I have to make sure he gets his share with white chocolate instead :-) This classic recipe for Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies from the NestleToll House website was the perfect base for my chocolate chip cookie project. The cookies with white chocolate chips came out flatter than those with dark chocolate chips but they were still chewy and the edges remained crispy even the next day. Both cookies were also more flavorful because part of the chocolate chips were melted and mixed into the batter while the rest were folded in. I like to microwave my dark chocolate chip cookies for about 8 seconds to partially melt the chocolate chips and soften up the cookies a bit like they just came out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment