December 8, 2012

winter travel

It was fun visiting my relatives for a few days with my brother who was in the US for the first time. Memphis was my first stop and I was glad to visit my aunt and uncle there. From there we took the Amtrak to Chicago. Unfortunately, the train schedule from Memphis to Chicago is always at night so there was very little to see except for some brightly lit towns we passed and brief stops at train stations along the way. We were seated in coach but the seats were comfortable with plenty of space and leg room. It was an exciting and overwhelming experience for my brother to be in Chicago in the wintertime. The cold weather didn't stop us from venturing outdoors to see the famous landmarks and attractions. Thanks to my cousins, aunt and uncle for a most enjoyable time. It was five years ago when I was there with my husband for my cousin's wedding and it was great to see them again. Here are a few highlights from my trip.

MJ statue at the United Center
downtown street scene
modern sculpture - Cloud Gate or The Bean
happy Santas gathered at The Bean
Soldier Field sculpture

wintry scene
bridges over the Chicago River
bridge landmark
Willis Tower (formerly Sears)
downtown street scene

Chicago taxicabs all lined up

the grand altar and interior of Holy Name Cathedral
at the Shedd Aquarium

Adler Planetarium
Chicago skyline in winter

No comments:

Post a Comment