March 25, 2015

pork carnitas

Using the same basic cut of pork and the same braising technique, I just have to say that pork carnitas can very well be the Mexican version of Filipino adobo :-) The flavors are quite different though but both dishes are very easy and quick to make.


I like that the carnitas were broiled in the oven and not pan fried in oil like with certain versions of adobo. I'm afraid I made these carnitas more Filipino than Mexican because I even had it with steamed jasmine rice rather than with the more traditional tortillas :-) The convenience of using a slow cooker for this dish makes it even more appealing for everyday meals.

I just had to take a closer shot of the tender chunks of pork


Served with thinly sliced jalapenos, serranos and another kind that resembled habaneros but were red and not orange, shown above. Sliced green onions and some cilantro were served on the same plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment