August 19, 2015

orange tomatoes

I found some interesting orange tomato variety at the grocery recently. They had good flavor so I used them to make a couple of light weekday meals.


Inspired by caprese salad, one of my favorites, I sliced the tomato thinly, arranged and layered them on a plate along with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese, then sprinkled them with salt, pepper and some creamy lemon vinaigrette (shown below). Balsamic vinaigrette will be just as good.



One of the biggest salads I made this summer, this was a combination of mixed baby greens, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, julienned carrots, tomatoes, a colorful mix of green, red, yellow and orange sweet peppers, hard-boiled eggs and fresh mushroom slices. Red onions, red radishes and alfafa sprouts may also be added. Very healthy and crunchy :-) Serve with some homemade dressing.

refreshing, colorful and crunchy summer salad

No comments:

Post a Comment