February 22, 2008

lunch with family at Leslie's Tagaytay

view from our dining table

cozy & very tropical bahay kubos or nipa huts are available for diners

fresh buko or young coconut drink served in shell

hot chilis & calamansi (local lemons)

grilled fresh tuna belly

pork barbecue with achara (papaya relish)

sizzling kangkong

crispy pata (deep fried pork)

ampalaya con carne with tausi

beef steak or popularly called as 'bistek'

sweet & sour fish fillets

We had a chance to visit Tagaytay City twice. The first was with my immediate family when we went from Tagaytay all the way to my father's hometown of Alfonso, Cavite. My father bought some farm land there many years ago but it's not as developed and well taken care of like my aunt's farm beside it where we spent more time. [ I will discuss and post about this side trip next time. ] For lunch, my brother suggested we try Leslie's restaurant with a beautiful view overlooking the Taal volcano crater. Our timing was good when we got there before noontime, although all the nipa huts were already reserved, there were still a few good size long tables left which were just perfect for us, with a great view of the volcano. Leslie's serves all out Filipino food and with so many choices in the menu, ordering was overwhelming. I thought I had over done it but it turned out just right for our big group of 10 adults and 3 kids. The server was extra helpful with our orders and the food came out quicker than I expected. It was a very good dining experience for me although personally, I didn't care much for the singers who go from table to table serenading the diners nor for the crowded lunchtime noise, but it was understandable since it was a Saturday and Tagaytay is a very popular weekend destination. We used to just have lunch at a small cafeteria called Aure's (which serve good and very affordable merienda or snack foods) whenever we're in Tagaytay but successfully getting the family all together on our only weekend there was worth the special treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment