February 15, 2008

a memorable trip

It has been four years since my last trip back to the Philippines and it was great to have an opportunity to visit again. This time it was more exciting since it was my husband's first trip to that part of the world and was quite memorable when he finally met my family there. For someone who doesn't care much for air travel (for very understandable reasons) my family and I appreciate what he had to go through. I know his sincere desire to meet my family so it was a very memorable time for all of us. So where does one take a first-timer in Manila? I'm not a travel expert, but I think it's important to at least learn a little about the history and people of a country one is visiting. Manila has a rich past with many museums and historical attractions for a visitor to see. For our first look at history, we went to the very impressive Ayala Museum (with its detailed Philippine history diorama exhibit) then proceeded to Intramuros area where we visited Fort Santiago and San Agustin Church. Manila is also famous for its beautiful sunset, which we watched from the improved Baywalk section of Roxas Blvd. Here are some travel photos from our historical day tour of Manila.
(above) main entrance to Fort Santiago & gardens

the ornately carved main door of San Agustin Church (above)

Manila's famous sunset as seen from Baywalk along Roxas Blvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment