October 30, 2008

cute Japanese snacks



I've always been fascinated by the unique and cute designs of Japanese food packaging and the art of bento. Even during layovers at airports in Japan, I find it hard to resist inspecting every souvenir shop selling Japanese products and goodies. There's something with the way they like to invent and use cute characters or symbols that attracts me. Browsing at Asian markets is one of my favorite past times. There's a small Japanese/Korean store at the next town where I can go and look if I get a chance. These cookies may not be that great tasting but I like to buy them just because they're cute. If I have a choice, I would like to just collect them, but on the practical side, it's not really a good idea. A package may cost from $3 to almost $5 depending on the variety of the cookies inside. So I sometimes just take pictures of them as much as I can. I like those cute bento boxes and accessories as well but so far I haven't really seriously considered buying them except for one lacquer bento box which my husband bought for me. With an inlaid shell design, it's a work of art, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment