April 4, 2011

apple snack cake


I still keep trying to buy them hoping to find good apples but unfortunately it has always been a hit or miss where we are. With half an apple sitting in the fridge and another one looking lonely in our fruit basket, I thought about making this apple cake the other day. Aside from muffins, snack cakes are one of the treats I like to bake when I'm craving something sweet to go with my laid back afternoon tea time on weekends. It made me feel better that I was able to use the tart apples in this cake for I absolutely dislike wasting food. The apples were peeled then thinly sliced and arranged on top of the cake batter. They were generously brushed with melted butter then sprinkled with more brown sugar and cinnamon before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment