April 11, 2011

pork with portabella mushrooms


I find it easier to marinate and roast whole pork tenderloin then slice it up at serving time but without our big oven, I had to think of another way to cook it. Sliced then sauteed in olive oil, they turned out quite moist and flavorful. I have to admit I did a shortcut with this. Feeling a little uninspired in the kitchen, I was glad to find this Hormel brand peppercorn flavor ready-to-cook pork tenderloin in the freezer. My husband bought it and kept it in the freezer while I was away. Nothing can beat the convenience of marinated pork tenderloin. I had some portabella mushrooms in the fridge that I needed to cook so I sliced & sauteed them in the same skillet I used for the pork. I also made a mushroom gravy to pour over the pork. I guess there's always room for some quick and easy comfort food on a mid-week dinner night :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment