June 9, 2011

white & dark choco chip cookies


A much loved cookie which I started baking many years ago back in Manila for my family. One of my best friends passed this on to me. She usually makes these extra rich with macadamia nuts instead of walnuts. The basic recipe is based on the famous Neiman-Marcus chocolate chip cookies. I split the cookie dough and added white chocolate chips to half of it and dark chocolate chips to the other half. My husband prefers white chocolate because, with the exception of Lindt chocolates, other brands just taste bitter to him. So I consider myself lucky just because, in our home, there's more chocolate for me :-)


I like them just out of the oven while they're still warm and very chewy. Sometimes I warm them up for a few seconds in the microwave to slightly melt the chocolate chips. I like to use 60% Ghirardhelli brand dark chocolate chips.


Finely ground oatmeal (blended fine in the food processor) in the mixture makes these cookies a healthier version with additional fiber from the chopped walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment