April 14, 2012

baked salmon dinner


I have a weakness for fresh fish and seafood. However, I don't get to cook it as much as I would like to. It's hard to beat the convenience of frozen individually packaged fish such as tilapia fillets. However, for more serious fish cravings, I like to stop by a local fish shop to get the real deal, fresh catch of the day. Recently, I spotted some good looking chunks of fresh salmon. This easy and fast idea for baked salmon instantly came to my mind. Sprinkle the salmon fillet with lemon juice. Spread a little dijon mustard and mayonnaise mixture on top of the salmon then season with salt, pepper and dried herbs like dill or thyme. Depending on the thickness of the salmon, the baking time is usually just right at around 10-12 minutes in a preheated 400F oven. Check for doneness every now and then so as not to overcook the fish. I served it with roasted asparagus (one of my favorite vegetables) and fresh chopped or sliced tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment