July 23, 2013

fresh corn salad


I must admit I've never had corn prepared this way. We've been getting fresh corn on the cob almost weekly and I thought about trying something new. I turned to the clippings I've collected from old issues of Food & Wine magazine and found this colorful raw corn and radish salad. This was my first time to try raw corn in a salad. I like adding corn to green salads but I've always used cooked corn kernels, never raw. This was an eye-opener for me. I've made this salad twice now since I discovered it. It was extra appealing to make this salad in the peak of summer when it gets too hot to cook in the kitchen. This recipe made a nice addition to our everyday salads.


The fresh sweet flavor of the corn was highlighted in this raw salad. Thinly sliced radish not just made it more colorful but added flavor and crunch as well. Green specks of flat leaf parsley (cilantro may be used instead) were sprinkled just before serving. The combination of lime and honey in the dressing was zesty and light.

This Raw Corn and Radish Salad recipe by Nick Fauchald was featured in the August 2007 issue of Food & Wine magazine. It's a lovely summer salad and a great alternative to cooked corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment