September 8, 2009

rosemary bread

With over 500 very good reviews and a 5 star rating at the All Recipes website, this amazing Jo's Rosemary Bread recipe got me curious and inspired enough to give it a try. It was good to read a few of the reviews since some of them have very helpful tips and ideas. I must say, after baking and finally tasting it, I just have to agree. My husband and I were both raving about how good it was at dinnertime. It was also so easy and quick to make using the bread machine. Although this bread may be made completely in the bread machine, I took it out after the kneading and rising process. I formed it into a round loaf or boule and baked it the oven. I also substituted about 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary for the dried rosemary in the recipe. I think the fresh rosemary made the bread more aromatic and flavorful. I could tell from the consistency of the dough mixture when I was mixing it, that it would be a bit hard to handle but I resisted the temptation to add more flour and decided to stick to the original recipe. Well, I was glad I did. Fresh from the oven, the texture of the bread was soft and fluffy and it absorbed the dipping oil very well. I brushed the top with extra olive oil as soon as it came out of the oven. The aroma that filled our kitchen, with the combination of fresh rosemary and dried Italian herbs, was enough to make me a believer in this bread. It's one bread recipe I will keep going back to and it's definitely something worth passing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment