November 15, 2016

stripe matcha Japanese cheesecake

I still love checking out youtube for baking and cooking videos. I've found that aside from closely following the recipe and procedure, the instructional videos are very helpful as well. Youtube has really brought many opportunities for home cooks to learn more about cooking and baking techniques. This is just one of the many interesting recipes I've found on youtube from Epipastry channel. The procedure for making this cake is complicated enough that it would've been difficult to make the cake if not for the video. Need to improve the stripes though by evenly dividing the batter. I was careless and ended up with more green matcha batter :-)


This was a small 7" cake so I tried baking it in a basic toaster oven. The uneven heating caused the excessive browning of top of the cake. A piece of foil tented over the top could have easily solved the problem.



enjoying a slice of the cake with my
new favorite tea cup :-)


Just check out the link above for the full recipe and video tutorial :-) It must be the right balance of slight bitter flavor of matcha green tea powder that makes it so popular in desserts now. I have found so many dessert ideas online using matcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment